WATER CRISES - CAPE TOWN
Reality has set in for most Capetonians and the water shortage has gone from being a paper crises and has turned into a disaster. Day zero is not even here and all of a sudden we have long queues at water outlets and general panic. If this is what it is like now, what will it be like when Day Zero hits?
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN TO US?
The water crises in Cape Town has become a political football with everyone pointing fingers and blaming each other. The focus seems to be more about scoring political goals then finding solutions. Companies have jumped in but from what I can see the focus seems to be more about making money than finding solutions. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with making money but there is a huge difference between that and making super profits. The average man is the street has no idea what today and the bulk of the solutions out there cost an arm and a leg.
I don’t know what there is a readymade solution but I do know that if we set our minds to it we can contribute towards finding a solution. So my suggestion is simple:
1. Run a competition and see if we can find simple practical solutions to save money.
2. Get hold of handyman and plumbers that are sitting home unemployed and looking for work.
3. Combine the two and come up with low cost and affordable solutions to save water that can be implemented immediately.
If we can do this we will contribute towards saving water through an online resource listing water saving solutions whilst creating jobs.
DATABASE OF WATER SAVING SOLUTIONS
- Win R2500 for the best water saving idea/concept/suggestion submitted.
- We will publish these ideas on the website and visitors to this website will vote for the best idea submitted.
- The ideas and voting will be accessible on the website for all to see.
- The winner (the idea with the most votes) will be notified by 15 March 2018.
WATER SAVING IDEAS
You are welcome to send general ideas or thoughts but preference will be given to suggestions that are concerete and practical. Ideally you will already have implemented the solution at your home or business. The more specific the better.
WHERE TO FROM HERE?
To enter is simple. Complete the form and send us your idea.
Once your post is published share it and encourage your freinds to vote for it. The more votes you have the better the chance you have of winning.